Kaleidoscope in the Schools is a program that is community-funded, allowing for every child, regardless of their socio-economic status to participate. This is one of many barriers to the arts that Kaleidoscope in the Schools (KITS) addresses head-on and helps to ensure the sustainability of the program long term. This means that the entire program must be funded each year by donors and sponsors like you!
The funds are used to pay program costs including:
- project management, coordination & logistics,
- program curation and development,
- fees to Arts Facilitators leading our professional development component for teachers,
- fees to Artists hired to put on the shows and deliver the workshops in schools,
- fees to educational experts to build new study guides where necessary to meet the rigour of the program,
- technical support for shows in schools, and other residency costs for artists including transportation, accommodation, and per diem.